Darrell Graham is the trial lawyer companies and individuals turn to when confronted with complex litigation.
He has developed an extensive practice in commercial litigation including antitrust and unfair competition, employment matters, breach of contract, consumer fraud and other commercial matters.
Additionally, he represents clients in condominium disputes regarding breach of fiduciary duty and fund mismanagement.
In the COVID era, Darrell has been advising businesses on insurance coverage, including navigating business disruption claims and litigating commercial disputes arising from COVID closure business disruptions.
He honed his trial skills at the international law firm of Perkins Coie and before that, as a principal with the complex commercial litigation boutique Grippo & Elden LLC in Chicago.
As a member of the Illinois Trial Bar, Darrell has represented a wide range of clients in trials, arbitrations and mediations.
He has also represented clients on appeal before the Illinois Appellate Court and the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth, Seventh, Tenth and Eighth Circuits. During the course of his career, Darrell has represented such well-known companies as the Tribune Company, WGN Television, American Express Bank, Hyatt Corporation, Kraft Foods Inc., AON Corporation and CNA Insurance Company.
Darrell understands that litigation can be expensive and disruptive to every aspect of business and life. He approaches every case with an understanding and sensitivity to the economic realities of the situation and prides himself on providing every client with value-oriented results.
- Antitrust – Represented businesses in litigation concerning alleged tying arrangements in the television industry, Sherman Act § 1 and 2 claims relating to the right to telecast NBA basketball games over WGN TV, and the legality of market territorial restrictions.
- Consumer Fraud – Represented banks and business in a wide range of consumer fraud cases, including ones involving currency conversion and alleged false advertising, as well as matters involving the Telephone Consumer Protection Act. Obtained a jury defense verdict in a $600 million claim against client.
- Employment Matters – Represented clients on issues relating to employment agreements, and executive employment agreements, and have litigated numerous matters involving employee raiding, employment discrimination, and statutory claims for failure to pay compensation.
- Franchise Litigation – Represented Fortune 500 franchise company in national dealer network litigation.
- Construction Litigation and Property Development – Represented multiple clients, both builders and developers, in litigation over commercial and residential property development.
- Financial Services Litigation – Represented clients in broker-dealer arbitrations and in disputes with various exchanges.
- Insurance Litigation – Represented clients regarding coverage disputes with their insurers.